1733 N. Ogden Dr. - Hollywood Hills
3 Beds • 3.5 Baths • 2,645 SF • 5,557 SF Lot • $2,099,000 SOLD
1733 N Ogden Dr, West Hollywood, CA 90046
Masterful design and modern luxury are uniquely embodied in this 1938 traditional two-story, lower Hollywood Hills home. Perfectly situated on a corner ridge overlooking the neighborhood, the home beckons those who seek “the good life” to ascend her steps into a world of refined elegance and natural beauty.
As you enter the home, you are greeted by copper thresholds and 1½ inch white oak hardwood floors. You will immediately notice the stylish and timeless grass cloth wallpaper that lines the halls with inherent and luxurious texture. New double-paned, energy efficient windows and doors have been implemented throughout the residence, as well as dual-zoned AC and a high-end sound system.
The formal living room is drenched in natural light, with custom solid-wood wainscoting that accents the walls and define the space with this classic staple of traditional architecture. The carved and ornate mantle stands guard over the wood-burning fireplace with artful objectivity. Original details abound, including a delightful servant’s bell to summon help with the touch of a button. The room also allows for several different seating areas, depending on the mood: Intimate seating for close conversations, an area for a game of chess on a chilly winters’ eve, or copious seating for joyous celebrations. The choice is yours.
The updated kitchen features custom wooden cabinetry, Walker-Zanger tile and a central island with counter-seating. Your inner chef will sauté in delight with the Wolf professional cooking series, including a 6-burner stove with pop-up venting system, double ovens, and a warming drawer. A Subzero refrigerator/freezer and dual-zone wine cooler completes the necessities needed for any modern kitchen. Attached is an informal family room with custom wooden cabinetry and TV area. Perfect for casual conversation and lounging. Adjacent is a stunning formal dining room with a 6-light bronze and crystal chandelier and French doors leading to the outdoor patio area.
If you are in the mood for an afternoon read or an evening brandy, then retreat to the warm and inviting library/den cloaked in plush floor-to-ceiling tactile suede, ambient lighting, and built-in custom bookshelves. It will surely be a place to relax and unwind in a glorious confine from the outside world.
The upper level of the home features three large bedrooms, each with en-suite bathrooms. The master bedroom is encapsulated with custom fabric-padded walls, creating an aire of cloud-like comfort as you are warmed by the penetrating flames of your stone and glass fireplace. Coupled French doors lead to a balcony adorned with flagstone, copper and wrought iron finishes. Not to be forgotten is a large walk-in closet with custom built-in cabinetry and plenty of space to admire your chic Hollywood wardrobe.
The master bath is one to be envied. Tasteful marble finishes are a consistent thread throughout; including counters, shower, tub deck and flooring. For soothing effects, the large over-sized shower has steam and three cascading Rohl showerheads to envelope you in a deluge of warm water. The immense multi-functional jetted tub looks out upon a tree-lined vista and is complemented by high-end polished nickel fixtures.
Lastly, the entertainer’s private backyard is cozy, functional, and magical all at the same time. An elevated lounge area is perched next to a blossoming garden and cascading fountain. You will feel as if you have been transported to the far-off European countryside. Flagstone decks lead to an outdoor kitchen with a built-in 3-zone BBQ with side burner, sink and refrigerator. Granite counters and matching tile seamlessly incorporate the same finishes as the indoor kitchen, making it feel like an extension of the home itself. All low maintenance, yet ready to entertain at a moment’s notice.
Every detail was carefully selected and quality crafted. From solid wood doors to high-end fixtures, it is apparent these items were chosen to celebrate the integrity of her architectural heritage. A lady never reveals her age, but this grand dame of the Hollywood Hills stands tall, and proudly displays her meticulous restoration as a badge of honor.
- Custom wood-pain windows and French doors with dual-pain glass
- 1-½-inch white oak hardwood floors throughout the house
- Custom flagstone on fascia, pathways, patios and balconies
- Solid-wood interior doors
- Two gas-burning fireplaces
- Niles built in ceiling speakers and volume controls in the downstairs and back patio
- Custom wainscoting throughout the downstairs and staircase
- California basement with dual water heaters
- Dual zone HVAC with new Nest thermostats
- Custom solid wood cabinets throughout
- Granite countertops
- Walker Zanger tile
- Wolf Built-in double ovens
- Wolf 6-burner gas rangetop
- Wolf warming drawer
- Subzero refrigerator/freezer
- Subzero dual-zone wine refrigerator
- Custom built-in cabinetry
- Custom built-in bookshelves
- Custom suede padded wall covering
- Custom light fixture
- Custom vanity
- Dorne-Brache faucet
- Walker Zanger tile
- Oversized wood and gas-burning fireplace with custom mantle
- Original maid’s calling bell
- Custom padded fabric wall covering
- Gas-burning fireplace
- Balcony with couple French doors, flagstone, copper and wrought iron finishes
- Custom built-in cabinetry in walk-in closet
- Laundry located near bedroom
- Marble finishes throughout-countertops, tub deck, shower, floors
- Custom cabinetry
- Oversized steam shower with three separate Rohl shower heads and volume control
- Oversized multi-function jetted tub
- Rohl polished nickel double sinks
- Rohl polished nickel tub filler and spray
- Built in Fire Magic 3-zone bbq with side burner, sink, refrigerator and storage. Granite counter and Walker Zanger tile
- Multiple entertainment areas, including lighted step-up flagstone deck
The home was once owned by the C.C. Brown family who operated the famed Hollywood Boulevard ice cream parlor for over 90 years. Legend has it that Brown invented the ‘hot fudge sundae’, and movie stars like Marlon Brando, Joan Crawford and Bob Hope would stop by for the creamy treat and a side of Hollywood publicity.